Monday, July 20, 2020

Mr.CEO- The Trump Card....


Chapter -7

Almost a Month…

The fourth week of my office, I don’t know why I am still not feeling relaxed here in this place.  Maybe I feel more responsible for his pain, or maybe I feel guilty for the questions in his mind, or maybe I am being too hard on myself.  Could it be anything but definitely not good, need to kill those feelings and need to be back in the game, I thought.  Its 11:00 AM at work, sometimes this bean coffee thing, which is always on the list, makes me so preoccupied, that makes me irresistible, I asked Preethi to join me for a cup, and she is cool with it, I called Mr. Venkat to take us to the best coffee bar near ‘The Coffee Bean’ we both had a perfect brewed coffee café au lait and within an hour, we are in our places. Its 12:30 PM elevator opened, and I saw Mr.CEO entering and walking towards Preethi.

He enquired about the past hour. She really replied where have we been. He turned to my eyes and warned her, that we need damn permission to move out of office, in his presence and it won`t be spared next time. That`s a quite decent warning for me not to act too smart, and I roger that, and he walked away to his cabin. I noticed Preethi was a little upset. 

I went to her and said, “You know sometimes it’s ok to take some callous words from a Smart & Handsome Boss, just learn to live with it and get to work" I winked. She started giggling.

Received a Mail.

E-mail: 1:00 PM.

To: Assistanttoceo@raygroup.com

Sub:  Meeting Confirmed

Dear Ms. Lekha

I refer to our last mail, here with confirming the schedule, tomorrow from 11: 30 AM to 2:00 PM In my office, and it may extend on priority. Please inform the same to the rest of the team and be prepared with the annexure accordingly.   


Thank you
Mr. CEO. Ray Group



Reply

E-Mail: 3:00 PM.

To:  Theceo@raygroup.com

Sub: Copied & Done

Dear Mr. CEO.

Informed the schedule, and FYI well prepared as per the annexure read. See you at the meeting.
  
Thank you.
Assistant to CEO. Ray group.


9:30 AM I am at my desk, gathering all the relevant files to read the meeting. 11:30 AM Meeting started to roll, we all were in his office, and Mr. Rahul congratulated me on my instinct, Mr. Yash congratulated me on my Managerial Skills, and I accepted both indeed. The point is I see Aravindh is not pretty sure about closing the contract; I need to find out the reason.

I asked him, “May I know why Mr. CEO is not a happy face?”

He explained, “The L2 Contractor is having pretty healthy contacts with FCI in & out, so any time we may get turned down.”

Rahul told, “That he knows a man in a mid-level profile, in Minister of Consumers Affairs, Delhi. That he can manage to arrange some talks and roll some dice by a couple of days.”

I said, “If we encounter a tough situation at the meeting, we should have a card to play.”

Three of them asked at once, “What it is.”

Wow! Okay, “It's time.” I said.

Yash added, “That`s Right,” he said, “I can arrange some of the best contractors to complete the project within the best possible time.”

Then we had a detailed check on all the information mentioned in the Annexure.  Except for two documents rest were all fine. We halt the meeting by 2:00 PM. And left for lunch, again joined by 3:30 PM.

 Rahul started explaining, “I contacted the person in the Ministry but he is reluctant to give the information.”

I interrupted him, “Mr.Rahul, Things won`t be easy without a proper price.”

Mr. CEO Asked, “What does that  mean, we won the bid.”

“Yes we do for sure, but that is going to lead us nowhere actually. It’s already been compromised, Aravindh.” I said.

“So what’s our Move here Lekha.” He yelled.

“We need to play tough, everybody has their own price, so is Mr. X, whoever it is, get him back on the line and be very straight with him. What`s his to push the file further to sanction. But make it count, a private one, I mean like off-the-record, completely & quiet.” I said.

Yash told. “She is Right; we have no choice Aravindh, at this far we cannot back, so it’s better to play this way.”

I am quite sure; Mr.CEO is ambivalent about the discussion.

After twenty minutes of radio silence, He said, “Okay! Let`s start spinning the wheels guys.”
By 4:30 PM, we ended the meeting, I took the minutes of the meeting (MOM), and within no time they both disappeared, Mr. CEO is gazing at his laptop.

I reached him and said, “Aravindh it`s okay to play a Trump Card, in losing times. Don’t think about it, it eats you"

He said nothing; I walked out of the office and reached the apartment by 6:00 PM."  







No comments:

Post a Comment