Monday, June 8, 2020

MR. CEO - The contract...

Chapter-2


Next Hour….



At once the metal door slither, and I entered a large lavish half lighted office room, the glass walls are closed with auto blinders, except for one, I walked on a gray carpet which is all over the floor, I see a curved long cushion couch on the sidewall, and a huge glass table matching the office chair, exactly placed in the center of the room, it’s a pack of modern arrangement to work, with no clutter, no-nonsense. I walked in, towards the table, I found my profile and a set of documents on the table, but none in the room, I stood still a minute and started exploring the walls which were filled with abstract modern art paintings, and down I see a signature by Aravindh… in calligraphy.

Is he still painting? And Is he the same? I will know that soon... 

 I heard a base voice from behind, it was sharp.

“Welcome back! Ms.Sreelekha Chowdary”.

‘That`s him, Yes! It`s my complete name. But I prefer Lekha and he knows.

 It`s time to see him. 

I turned confidently and stick to his eyes, for thirty seconds, with no emotions displayed.

“I am glad to see you again,” he said.

He raised his hand to shake, and I responded.

“Hello Mr. Aravindh Meheera, CEO of the Ray Group,” I said.

 This is the firm handshake I ever had. But the touch, I felt it many times in the past and will never forget it.

I said aloud, “It`s been eight years Aravindh since we met” FYI, yes, we shared a beautiful history together.

He added, “Eight years, two months, and fourteen days, and always a pleasure to see you."

Quite a math isn’t it? That’s what he is good at. 
 
Aravindh  Meheera, (A six-foot-tall and approximately one seventy-five pounds,  a masculine figure, in his mid-thirties, fair, light brown eyes, mid-length well-groomed hair, with a left piercing earlobe and a quill tattoo under it, wearing a dark blue blazer, stylish and stunning. He is all the same, except for an 18 KT solitaire diamond ring on his finger. And he is always a great charmer, that’s why I certainly consider him as one of the best old-fashioned classic cocktails to relish.)

“Of course,  Pleasure is all mine Aravindh, and I am here to work for you as your assistant,” I told.

“Yes indeed, Ms. Srilekha Chowdary.” He said, offering a seat.

“Oh please! I am fine with Lekha, and you always knew that.”

He is watching me so intently like I am before a camera that every moment of mine is captured. So do I.

“How shall I address you - Aravindh?” I asked.   
  
 He tricked me with my own question by saying, “It’s always been a choice for you then & now.”

Not so surprised, but quietly assessing him.

 “Then am I allowed to call you Mr.CEO?” I asked.

“Mr.CEO?” He whispered.

“Yes”. I said.

 He smirked! And nods his head, “Alright it`s your call always.”

 “Apart from the career, am I allowed to know you more?” He asked.

“Sure! A perfect single woman, with an elevating career and freshly anticipating for relationships.”

“WOW! Nice knowing you.”

“So you are ambitious about your career right now?” He asked.

“The top-most priority!” I smiled gently.

Neither I nor he is leaving eye contact. As if we are running out of time on the earth. Or someone is stealing our time. 11.50 AM, time is slipping away from us so quickly. He tried to ask something, which I don`t want to be asked. So I cut his conversation and asked him about the papers on the table.

“Yeah! Before I come to that, I want to hear something” he asked.

Yes of course! I said.

“Where the hell are you these years? And why did you leave me with no clue? And why are you here now?” Asked me in a deep tone holding his tears back.

A chill ran down my spine, and I was silenced by the questions.

 I answered. “For Good!  Aravindh, please let go of some questions unanswered, forever.”

He snapped at me, “For who’s good, damn it!”

I choked! My mouth went dry.

“Okay! Just let me know? Did you care to remember me at least that I exist?” He asked.

Bluntly I lied “Nope and honestly I don’t regret things I do. You know that.”

“Yes! I knew you well.”

He took a long Breath! “And now come to the business, I have an offer for you, Ms.Lekha.”

I am listening.

“These papers are work contracts, and I want you to sign this, that you stay with the company for two years from the date of joining. And any breach will legitimately put your entire career down. That means I will screw you to the bottom” He warned.

“I was not aware of this contract, not  even mentioned by Mrs. Vani Varma?”

“Of course not! Because she doesn`t even know, this is between you and me, a silent one.” He added.

“And why the hell in the world! I would do that.”I asked.

Because, you have no choice, Do you? He asked.

I am Trapped? Yes, he is right, I don’t have a choice. ‘Plan B’, think Lekha, I told myself.

 “Why are you doing this to me, Aravindh?” I insist.

“Because, I don’t trust you anymore, and I won’t let you run away this time. And I want you to feel the pain; I suffered all these years after you left me with no fu***ing reason. Now, do you get that?” He shouted.

“So, be a good girl and sign the contract, that`s what I all need.” He said.

Well! “If that`s the case, let`s have a deal, Mr. CEO,” I said relaxing in my chair.

“And you knew that I am good at deals,” I said.

“Attitude! Go on” He said.

“I need freedom.”

“Explain?”

“Freedom to work, with no questions asked, freedom from your rules, freedom to close the deals on my terms.

“Over?” he said.

“No! Not Yet!” I yelled.

“And after closing on every deal, you must owe me a favor, whatever I ask for.” I negotiated
“And why the hell in the world! I would do that.” He said.

“Because, you have no choice, Do you?” I said.

He’s trapped. I can see it on his face.

 “Okay! On one condition, if I caught you with one mistake and if it is proven, I will pull all your plugs and consider your negation burnt, and from then, you will be on my terms. How about this?”  He yelled coming closer to me.

“DEAL!!” I said.

“Deal Then, I will prepare the new document, and you sign on it,” He told me.

“Not required a new one, I am signing these,” I said.

“Why?” He asked.

“Because I trust you,” I said.

And I signed those documents right away. I saw his expression; it was so straight and blank.

“Anything else?” He added.

“Yes”.

“What?”

“May I know about your fiancée?” I asked.

“How did you know that?” He asked.

“I knew it.” I said.

“So, that is why you showed up? Isn’t it.”

“You have no idea what I am dealing with, Aravindh. Your personal life is not my concern anymore?” I replied.

“Then what is your concern?” he asked.

“Right now, THE JOB.” I sigh.

“Then you better stick to that,” He said.

He suddenly looked away and made a call from his intercom and invited some men to his chamber. He kept all those documents in the safe.

“When shall I work on schedule?”

“Right away.” He replied.




No comments:

Post a Comment