Wednesday, June 24, 2020

MR. CEO - Met a Typical Woman.



Chapter-4

Day: 2.


9:00 AM I stepped out of the car and walked towards the lobby, a weird feeling that I am under surveillance, must someone be watching? Thinking of that, I slipped and dropped my tote, as soon as I turned to pick it up, I saw a woman coming so close to me and helping to get my bag.

She said, “Are you alright? Watch your steps as this is just your second day, long many days to go.” It sounded odd!

“Excuse me?” I said.

“Hello! Ms. Lekha, I am Taniya Sharma, Chief Accountant of Ray Group.” She said.

I shook her hand and said, “Nice meeting you Mrs. Taniya Sharma, do you know me before?”

“Yes of course! You were pretty special to Mr. Aravindh. Which is why? He chose you, over me.” She said.

 Then I understood the whole point and the previous dialogue on me. Wow! Now it’s going to be more fun than I thought.  Mrs.Tanya Sharma is in her early forties, a slim woman in a cotton sari with bob hair, she must be a Bengali by her accent and seems a significant woman, her arrogance and her envious looks told me something is fishy about her.

I smiled and said, “Of course, Mrs. Taniya, I am special, you bet. If you are much more interested, you can find out from Mr. Aravindh.”

She sulks! “I am Interested to know ‘how? Not why’.” 

   I playfully said, “All the best.”

The second day - I encountered a typical woman, and my instinct says I will hear from her soon.

I am the early bird to the office; I took my seat and started working on the FCI project. I heard the elevator opening and I expected it to be Preethi and said “Good Morning Preethi, you have enough work to do, so don’t mind if I bother you.” 

Someone stood in front of me, and without answering, I choked at once, ‘it`s him.’

I stood and said, “I am sorry, didn’t notice you coming.”

“It’s okay! Good Morning. By the way, you look tired, didn’t sleep well?” he asked.

“I did. But you looked tired too.”  I asked.

He said nothing, and walked away; he wore a Lenin white shirt and denim, he looks so perfect, one of my favorites. He is a charmer. I dug my nose into the details of the tender. Preethi came in, and I assigned some key work. I saw, Yash and Rahul going into the CEO`s office. 

And I am waiting for the intercom to buzz. After ten minutes I was called inside, we three in his office again and greeted each other.

Mr. CEO told me that they both have some information that I have to look into, the information says the tender is just a formality and it’s already allotted to one of the construction companies. And the so-called company has huge investments in a local MLA.
I checked the information again and, borrowed two days to find out the facts of the information.

Rahul asked, “how can you do that.”

I smiled and said, “I have my own source.”

CEO is watching me doubtfully; I took the files and walked out of the room. New task - find out about the fake news.

I took my mobile and login to my ID and took the photocopies of the report and sent it.

Typed…

Classified….

Preethi ordered lunch for the CEO.  I asked her to order the same for me.  She gave me a surprised look and asked whether I am sure of it.

“Of course, I love continental, but no coke in it, any issues? I asked.

“No! Sir`s favorite is Continental so?’ She whispered.

I said “Oh! What a coincidence.”

Lunch came within thirty minutes, and the boy who always delivers the lunch gave the packets to the CEO, he even delivered my food to him as we both (me and Preethi) were not in our places.  So lunch directly went to his table. I and Preethi were back to our places and are waiting for the delivery boy to take my share.

Later, the Intercom buzzes…   

Preethi was called inside; she came back with my lunch and explained to me the whole situation.

I asked “Okay! What did the Boss say?”       
                          
“He asked me who ordered the extra food and I pointed towards you.”

“And?” I asked.

He said nothing, “But, he gave me this coke bottle to you, though you didn’t order.”

I took lunch from her. ‘Mr. CEO, you are not new, you are my old Aravindh, and I knew it.’  I thought.

“Preethi, did you know anything about Mrs. Taniya Sharma?” I asked.

“Not much, but a rumor is, that she lobbied a lot to get into your position, and the CEO rejected her and chose you at the last moment. She is senior and damn good at the job, very commanding. Somehow, I heard People talk, that she is a little close to Yash Sir.

“That’s it?” I asked. (But it’s more than enough for me to take her out.)

“Yup! And how you knew her name?” she asked.

“I just heard from the conversations.” I lied.

It's 6:00 PM, and Preethi is hurried to pack her work.  But I am not, I said I want to stay and work.

“May I leave? “ She asked.

“Of course yes!”

6:30 PM I heard the CEO walking the steps. Straight away he came to me and asked why I stayed?
I replied, “Some work is still pending to finish.”

He shrugged and said, “it is okay, you can leave if you wish.”

I said, “Soon, and thank you for the coke Aravindh, and you know?  You are pretending that you changed but no you didn’t?”

He came to me close and said, “Don’t jump to the conclusion, you are going to see a lot worse?”

I said, “I am waiting, Mr.CEO.” 

He walked away.

I received a text…

Source: Unknown…

Classified is always classified….

CAFECAFEE…..




No comments:

Post a Comment