Monday, June 1, 2020

Mr.CEO - First Day, First Hour

Chapter 1
Feb -14; 10.30 PM (My Journal)

First Day, First Hour


Feb 14, 5.30 AM, it is a bright spring day, the clock is trying to wake up at its best, 5.45 AM, finally one more day added to my dairy, how blessed? I walked towards the mirror to see me ‘as old or as bold,’ today is a special day I am accepting a new job and its consequences. Lost in thoughts can I hold this job for long? Assistant to CEO, Ray Group.  One of the most awaited jobs in the job market, a responsible, challenging intellectual, and stressful career indeed to take up. And what is this weird feeling running down deeply, can’t express, is it a sign of anxiety or ambiguity? Does God know?

            Anyways, it’s too late to rethink, because I received a call late at night, saying that I got selected and was supposed to meet the CEO today.

 Mr. Aravindh Meheera. The CEO Ray group. A name I never forget & a man I am well aware of.

6.00 am seems time is running out, checking my android to make a to-do list. I see a mail in my inbox.

Sub: Please follow the Schedule.

Dear Ms. Lekha Chowdary,

Congratulations, on being selected as “The Assistant to CEO” Of Ray Group.

Here is the schedule, 9.00 AM company vehicle will be arriving to pick you up. 9.45 am reporting time. Location - SEZ central park main Land building 20th floor, 10.30 AM break, you may wait in the lobby or look around the office premises. Ms. Preethi will accompany you. 11.30 Am an official meet-up with the CEO. Followed by a welcome Lunch in the CEO`s office, Works will be assigned from then.

You were directed to wear a traditional outfit with a decent and dignified appearance.

 Good Luck.
Mrs. Vani Varma
Director of recruitment.
Ray solutions…



This is the fifth time I am reading the mail since it drop-in, I stood on the balcony of my double bedroom flat on the eighth floor, I stay in one of the posh apartments in the city, and of course, I own it.  Intensely watching the sunrise of mid-spring. Running some random thoughts in my mind. 6.30 AM. The clock started reminding me of my chaos, I told myself it was time to run and roll, so on my heels get ready. I said to myself.

 7.30 AM, it`s time to dress up to meet the CEO. I picked up a Sari, one of the oldest, finest, and a designed pieces in my closet, a peacock blue colored Kota silk sari, an all-time favorite, pairing large hangings with torques beads and a perfect-sized lariat that touches my curves.
                                           
 I am one of the best sensible creatures on this planet, and I knew it, I am not boasting it`s true. I know how to portray myself as elegant, confident, dignified & attractive. Though I may be at a certain age in my early thirties.  I look lean with a perfect shape and a fit body of 5.7-foot height, totally in Indian color tone, with fearful dark eyes, flawless skin, and mid-length hair. Maybe my looks make me more stubborn and arrogant at times and certainly intimidate some men. AT 8.30 AM, I had my favorite breakfast bread omelet, followed by a coffee. 8.58 am, I heard a buzz in what`s app.

 Good Morning Madam,

“I am Driver Venkat waiting for your arrival in the parking lot -2.  In a white Audi AP31 9999.”

Reply...

Good Morning Venkat See you in 2 min.

I hurriedly picked up my cute tote handbag that matches the outfit and lockdown my flat, and I lifted myself into the parking lot -2, got into the lavish white boat-sized latest Audi A5 machine by 9.00 AM.

“Hello, Mr. Venkat, I am Lekha.”

“Good morning madam, I am instructed to report to you, could you please save my no. as 'Driver'.” He said.

“Oh!  Thank you, so sweet of you, but I save it as 'Venkat'. (Venkat a man in his late 20s with a tall figure and a decent look in his driving costume, seems a little educated by his message and etiquette.)

The boat started its engine so softly and we snaked towards the highway.

“Well!! Mr. Venkat how far is the office from my place.” I asked.

“Madam, it comes around, 10-12 Km, and a solid 45-minute journey.” He said.

OIC!  

“Madam, please ping me whenever you were planned to leave, I will be right there.” He added.

“Sure,” I said.

I was again into random thoughts, about the meetup, and reached the destination, it’s an SEZ (Special Economic Zone) a huge gate appeared with all the company symbols& logos and directions to cut in and we crossed half a mile. There I saw a huge pillar, stating welcome to Ray Empire. The Audi drove passing some checkpoints, taking some salutes, and covering some fine architecture, finally to a halt after 45 minutes of a comfortable journey. 

            Opened the door and I found a gigantic portico with a glass ceiling, it`s a car parking tiled with digital flooring, it’s as spacious as twenty cars can park at a stretch. I passed through a big open that has no doors as people walked to and fro freely. I went north and walked towards the help desk, which was in the center of the lobby, attended by two young women, wearing skinny jeans with a logo embroidered on the t-shirt, welcoming the visitors, and answering their queries. I Heard a pleasing voice.

“Hello madam, I am Riya, manager of the floor, how can I help you?” she asked.

“Hi, Ms. Riya, I am Lekha and I have an appointment with the CEO,” I said.

 “I am expecting you, madam, thank you for being on time, I am instructed to lead you to CEO`s office please follow my steps.” She said.     
     
            I said nothing but followed her as told, she led me to the elevator, which is exactly located back of the center table, we boarded the elevator, pressing the twentieth button, it took us three minutes to reach the floor, straight away we landed in the reception lobby, it has two computer tables and chairs placing one after the other. Those computers were new, elegant, and highly defined gadgets in the world. "Ms.Riya" I heard a sweet voice from the corner.

“Hi! Mam Good Morning.", leaving me behind, Ms. Riya started the conversation with the other woman, you know women, not that I am complaining but they need a little time to patch up. After two minutes, she turned and gave a weird smile apologizing to me.
“I was instructed to introduce you to Preethi Madam, She Is Ms. Lekha Chowdary, and she is the one we are all expecting for a couple of weeks.” She said.

 I frowned!

“Hello Madam, welcome! I am Preethi, Assistant to CEO`s Assistant.” She introduced.

“What!  Come again” I added.

 “Yes!  You heard me right, to be precise, I am your assistant.” She told.
“Wow! Interesting", I Shrugged and shook her hand.

 "Hello Ms. Preethi I am Lekha Chowdary and you can call me Lekha.” I Introduced.

Both felt so comfortable shortly as if we know each other for a long. Preethi (a tall & young woman in her mid-twenties with sharp features and a warm smile. She is in her casuals, a knee-length skirt, and a pink shirt, and looks pretty formal.)

10.30 AM we both moved towards a small pantry, where we help ourselves with Tea and crunches. I preferred Lemon Tea; she took her traditional Tea. I managed to know about her a little and found that she is associated with Ray Group for three years, but in the costing department as a manager, it's a company’s normal practice of transferring employees within the company, after a certain period and she was selected for this post.
 We both went on a walk exploring the floor, the floor having a reception for us, with a luxury couch, towards east found a big rectangle hall with 20 occupancies sitting, with a large Italian marble office table, a big TV unit connected wi-fi, for video conference. Next room is a plain banquet hall for delegates' brunch, attached wide balcony with a stunning view. Towards the west, a cozy restroom, now towards the south, if we climb a dozen steps up, we reach the CEO`s office. The CEO`s glass room, a clear vision to monitor every moment down. Wow, well-planned and structured modern office. It`s 11.25 AM still thinking of the meetup, I would be called any moment.

Adrenaline rushing!!!! As if it’s so new!

11.30 am, intercom buzzing, "Ms. Preethi, Please lead the new assistant to my cabin now.” A voice.

“Sure Sir,” She said.

 Preethi asked me to follow her, we both climbed those steps up, and she left me wishing me good luck and I stood at the big auto sliding metal door.

Mr. Aravindh our time starts, get ready ……Tick Tock, Tick Tock…  




Hi, readers hope you enjoyed the first hour, the next hour would be more interesting trust me. 
 Keep reading..
Please post your comment and share the blog.  
Thank you....

No comments:

Post a Comment